The problem: Complications during the fracture healing process
- 5-10 % rate of complications in the course of fracture healing
- Delayed union, or worse, non-union of the bone segments
- Prolonged immobilization & treatment
- Danger of permanent disability
- Biomechanical situation not properly assessed
- Patient-specific circumstances, e.g. co-morbidities, and their effects on fracture healing are difficult to consider
- Lack of patient compliance
The solution: Prediction of the healing process and the evolution of the load-bearing capacity
During the medical treatment large amounts of data are generated and several decisions have to be made. Our tool uses the available data, processes them in due time and provides valuable decision-making support.
Data entry (input)
- Data from medical imaging techniques & anamnesis
- Properties of osteosynthesis products
- Patient-specific co-morbidities
- Loading & biomechnaical situation
- Other parameters
Fracture healing simulation (throughput)
- Biomechanical simulation & testing
- Changes in tissue distribution
Simulation results (output)
- Visualization of results
- Expected duration of the healing process
- Strength of implant-bone-connection, degree of osseointegration
- Load capacity & training force
OSORA offers a range of possible applications
OSORA is a partner for the development and design optimization of novel osteosynthesis products and fracture treatments.
Education & research
As a training tool for medical staff and students, OSORA can simulate the effects of treatment procedures.
The simulation can be used as a virtual second opinion and for decision support about potential revisions.
Our long-term goal: providing a tool that accompanies patient & doctor throughout the treatment process.